Line Cook- (Grill) Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (Aug 2013)
|Salary Range:||9.15/hr + .75/hr pay increase after 90 worked days|
|Benefits:||Yes, union position|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Must have experience with breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner foods. (Made to order and/or buffet style high volume cooking.
We will be hiring numerous positions for the Spring semester for our various dining facilities including our new, state-of-the-art mega dining hall that recently opened on campus.
Tentative start date: mid January.
Please state accurate availability as we will be using this to determine which positions you are qualified for. Most shifts will be between 6am-11pm, 7 days per week.
Food preparation including subs, sandwiches, burgers, breakfast food items, and a variety of other food items in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
Providing quality meals to students, faculty, staff and visitors in a timely manner.Like us on Facebook!
Food Preparation and cooking
Follow established recipes and production system
Perform Lead Cook duties, as needed
Maintain production and usage records.
Maintain high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions, adhering to HACCP & NYS Dept. of Health guidelines. Includes cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen & equipment
Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times
Other cleaning and food service duties as requested by management
- Minimum 2 years professional cooking experience required, including stir fry, deep frying, grilling, roasting, steaming, cold food production, and food presentation and garnishing standards
- Experience with breakfast food items
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional knife-handling skills
- Experience in following standardized recipes
- Experience at organizing and maintaining kitchen work stations
- Ability to correctly identify product
- Must be able to prioritize work and execute tasks with speed and efficiency
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Must have professional appearance, demeanor, and hygiene
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs, and be able to walk, stand, bend and reach as the job requires
- Must have basic and accurate math skills
- Must be, or become, ServSafe certified (attend required class and pass test).
- Must have dependable transportation
- Regular attendance required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.