Administrative Assistant- Catering Dept
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Schedule:||Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, but must be available nights & weekends based on business needs|
-Full-Time: Typically Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. May include some nights and weekends and other schedule modifications as dictated by the catering event calendar.
- Provides administrative, clerical and operational support for the catering department with focused support with the Sales Manager & General Managers
- Accurate solicitation, preparation, and distribution of event orders.
- Requisition of off premise liquor licenses
- Accurate preparation of accounts receivable, billing, event orders, cash reports, payroll, cash deposits, and other financial and operational statements as required
- Set-up and breakdown of basic audio video equipment
- Manages telephone and office reception.
- Accurate cash handling
- Responsible for preparing and placing office supplies, signage orders, and other misc ordering.
- Provides exemplary guest service
- Monitors and completes space reservations for multiple banquet facilities
- Maintenance of catering files and department calendar
- In management's absence may be required to supervise events and facility, ensuring high standards of operations are being adhered to
- Provides occasional support with deliveries and event execution
- Special projects and other duties as requested by management
- Associates Degree or higher in food service, business, communications, marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years, professional administrative and clerical experience in a high volume environment with verifiable confidentiality.
- Exemplary customer service and problem solving skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor, and a positive, "Can Do" attitude
- Effective oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer and word processing literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, Payroll and Catering/ Banquet software programs)
- Ability to deal with emergency situations and customer complaints
- Familiarity of HACCP, food safety and sanitation standards
- Proficient knowledge of Audio-Video equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, and any other physical demands of the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.